viernes, 6 de junio de 2008

Néstor Chávez
"I'm feeling like a social leader"

He is a teacher at Institución Teresiana, but also he is a social leader who cares about Island Llepo inhabitants. He sacrifices himself for the people giving them money, hopes, jobs in the radio “la voz del Budi", and love to go out forward.

Which is your motivation?
"I feel motivated because of faith, the way I think, the human preparation that my parents gave me, and the sensibility towards the another`s people pain".

Which days do you travel to the Island?
"Every week on Fridays night, and I return on wednesday in the dawn to work in the school".

What do you do when you’re there?
"I live in the island, I’m the director of a very big radio community. It helps poor people and also I’m part of an overcoming committee that helps people who have physical disability. And not only in the island, also in the whole region. And I help people to preserve theirs culture. I’m like a social leader".

How do you do shareyour time between Santiago and Island Llepo?
"I don’tshare anything. I let life guides me (Laughs), also situations. Even I have a formal schedule here in the school, most of my time is constructed on the basis of the situations that happen".

Do you feel the support of someone especially to realize all this work?

"God, because I think he is the closer person to me, also people in Budi lake, I have more than 60 people, who work with me I also have people who loves me so much; and they take care of me and sometimes they give a lot of me a attention".

When did this idea arise and since?
"The idea of going away to live in the southern part arose six or seven years ago when I got tired of living in Santiago. The stressed life, the individualistic life of Santiago. I did not want to live any more like they all were living, but I have been my whole life helping people who need it".

So, you’re doing this since, 7 seven years ago?
"I work in the radio in the south and in the island since then. But before I founded 3 orphanages, a children’s home drug addicts in La Pintana and before I left Santiago I founded an ONG (Governmental organization) created by 500 young people from Alianza Francesa College".

Do you like helping people or it is a personal satisfaction?
"Well, no more. At the beginning it was a very personal satisfaction. Now it`s a big tiredness, but now I feel I must do that, because I feel I’m accomplishing my mission in this world, and if I leave it, I think I’m betraying my vocation".

Do you have a special model to follow waht you feel inspired, or it was on your own initiative?
"Well, I had great teachers, and I was lucky to know them.
They used to give me very good ideas, helping my personality increase and practice my ideas. When any ideas come to me, there’s an angel who says me: "Here, they need my help". That is why I have all the time a teacher who guides me, and it God".

Could you tell us about your trip?
"Look, I leave Santiago at 22:30 hrs. on a bus that takes ten hours to arrive to Puerto Saavedra (a little town that is at the coast of the ninth region).
When I’m there I carry out all the things I need to do. I talk with the people who I need to, I drink ``mate´´ (Laughs), I give love to very poor people and they give me the same. Then at about 11 in the morning I go to Budi lake in a truck, and when I’m lucky, they take me free but usually I have to pay, and it isn’t cheap, because it is very far. When I arrive at the coast of the lake, I wait there for one or two hours that someone manages to look for me, because they don’t allow me to row. They take care of me very much since they don`t allow me to row in the lake because the trip to the island is very dangerous. For what one hour more or less one, I prays in coming to the island, it is far. I arrive at 1 p.m. approximately to the island Llepo. Just when I arrive, they give me lunch and then I start working at the radio, to do the programs that I always do; say hello to people ,they call me and there I interfere in the life of an indigenous peasant until I return. I’m until Tuesday in the island, and I return to Santiago at 5 o’clock, I cross the lake in the rowboat, sometimes it rains and I have to take the bus completely wet. I do the same tour of return, and I come at 6 a.m. I`m in the school at 8 a.m. doing classes. That’s my trip, this is my life".

Finally, Do you want to greet anybody?

"Yes, to all the people who are reading this, people who know me a special hug and all my love, because I can’t see them every day since before, I have them in my mind and in my heart.
I hope that the things that I have taught them will be applied forever".
























No hay comentarios: